Salary & Benefits
Up-to-date, accurate salary and standard benefits information, as well as other pertinent information for
residents and fellows:
UT School of
Medicine Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Resident policies, duty hours info, more:
GME Residents/Fellows information page
Additional benefits for our Emergency Medicine residents:
- Texas Medical Board Physician in Training (PIT) Permit application fee reimbursed.
- Annual book allowance.
- Parking – Available immediately adjacent to hospital.
- Uniforms – White lab coats and laundering are provided at no cost to the residents.
- Vacation – Interns receive 2 weeks of paid leave per year. PGY2 and above receive 3 weeks of paid leave per year.
- Sick leave – Full salary is paid for 10 days per year for injury or illness.
- Maternity or paternity leave – Although not a separate leave category, female residents may use a combination of sick leave, vacation time and disability leave to cover six weeks of post-partum leave. A male resident may use a combination of paternity leave and annual leave to help care for his new family.